Instagram has just announced that all users now have access to the link sticker in stories.
What used to be the preserve of accounts with over 10,000 followers or high-profile influencers has now become mainstream, opening up a whole host of opportunities for businesses that use Instagram as part of their marketing strategy.
Instagram seem to have realised that allowing users to direct their followers to longer form content off the platform is helpful in many ways to accounts of all sizes and types.
“We made this decision based on feedback we heard from the community about how impactful it would be for creators and businesses of all sizes to benefit from link sharing to grow in the same way larger accounts do,” Instagram said in a statement.
Here are 6 ways B2B Instagram users can benefit from this new update:
- Showcase your product or service and add a link to a page on your website
- Hosting an event? Add a link to a sign-up form or ticket provider
- Created a new piece of industry research? Add a link for your Instagram followers to read more.
- Looking to capture leads? Add a link to your sign up form.
- Recruiting? Add a link to the job advert and application process.
- Looking to increase your email database? Attract a new audience by adding a link to your sign up form.
How to use the link sticker
- Create your story as normal
- Click the sticker icon on the top tool bar
- Scroll down to the link sticker
- Copy and paste your chosen URL
- Always remember to add a call to action in your story copy to encourage click through
Remember, links still aren’t available in feed posts so you’ll need to continue to add individual links in your bio or add more than one using a tool such as Linktree.